Duty Concession for PENSIONERS DOWNSIZING to a New Home
The concession provides a 50% discount on stamp duty for eligible pensioners who:
- sell their existing home
- downsize by buying another home with a dutiable value of $400,000 or less
- the new home must be worth less than the former home sold
- both homes must be in Tasmania
- the new home must be an established property (not a house and land package, off the plan etc.)
- the sale of the former home settles between 10 February 2018 and 9 February 2019
- the purchase of the new home settles within six months (either before or after) the former home settlement.
For more information and further eligibility criteria please contact Caitlin or click here.